View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 01:19 PM   #10
Jasper7821

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
It's easy, but takes some patience. Use trim removal tools (must have) to remove the door card and take your time pulling off the membrane. Its stuck on there really well because the glue is old and tough. You dont want to rip it. Research how much it is to replace if you want to scare yourself. You might break a few trim holders also, be ready for that.

Once your there, it's just lowering the window, pulling the regulator and replacing it. A couple of nuts through the bottom of the door and a couple up top. Good time to clean the window really well and I find that attaching the rubber at the grip points, then dropping it into the regulator is the easiest way.
NOTE: Make sure the battery is disconnected BEFORE you disconnect the airbag and the airbag is reattached BEFORE you reattach battery for things like moving window during installation. If you dont do this, you will have the airbag light on until you clear codes, requiring durametric or similar tool or paying the dealer.
Thanks, Ya I read that and it's $70 to replace if I tore it up.
I think I'm going to leave it as is for now and work on some other repairs. I hope it stays the same and doesn't get worse until I get the regulator.
Jasper7821 is offline   Reply With Quote