View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #9
tonythetiger
Will there be cake?

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steved0x View Post
The first time I did a suspension I took this axle nut off because I was also doing wheel bearings.

Every other time I used a custom spring compressor that I borrowed from a friend, that let me take out the rear struts without having to remove the axle nut or remove the LCA. A regular spring compressor may work especially if your original suspension is blown out and easy to compress once the spring is compressed. I think there may be a few videos out there showing shortcuts.

One I never got a chance to try would be removing the sheet metal brace and the two diagonal supports (figure 1 here), and then loosening the inner LCA, with that brace and the supports out of the way I bet that would let the LCA drop down pretty far and the strut top might slide right out
no need to remove the braces...inner control arm, toe in ball joint and the fork connection to the LCA gave me the clearance to remove and replace strut. I did loosen the axle nut and floated the shaft back a few inches...needed that.
tonythetiger is offline   Reply With Quote