View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 07:05 AM   #11
986Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Looks pretty clean!

Does this unit has the NAV (maps..) function? Did the place where you bought the unit install it as well? May I ask you where..?

This one doesn't have on board navigation. It's identical twin, the 8500NEX, has nav. But I don't like 3rd party navigation. I think the nav on such units suck. Instead, since it has CarPlay, I get my nav through Waze, Apple Maps, and Google Maps, all of which are on board, have excellent real-time traffic, and can be used on this unit with voice commands.

Yes, I got it installed by the place where I bought it, which is called Audio Dreams in La Verne. I do not recommend them. This was quoted as a 3-hour job. It took them 8.5 hours, and they screwed it up so badly I had to take it back to them twice to get it right. And the guy assigned to me refused to wear a mask or distance, and he was constantly in my personal space and when I asked him about it he said he didn't care if he gets COVID and dies from it. So, I don't think I'll ever go back there again for any reason.

The unit itself I like. Sounds good with the Porsche factory Bose speakers. Lots of great functions. Easy to use. Looks nice in a 986.

Last edited by 986Chick; 06-13-2020 at 07:07 AM.
986Chick is offline   Reply With Quote