Thread: This & That
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #57
Registered User
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: North Cali
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
I have a Polyvance Plastic Welding kit that came with some material called FiberFlex welding rods. It's a fiber reinforced plastic. I have also used the kit to repair cracked and broken under-belly panels. This page has information and a video of a bumper repair similar to how I have done it:
On a bumper cover, I prefer doing a 'plastic weld' type of fill to using a body filler such as Bondo.

I did some plastic welding with a soldering iron before I bought it, but really like the temperature control and materials included with this kit. Repair a couple plastic panels and it has paid for itself:

Thanks, lots of useful information. Looks like the "Bondo" is what I will need for this job.
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote