View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #20
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Simple: It would be a bad business decision...why should someone offer you a lifetime warrantee on a less than $2K purchase. ...To my knowledge, most of the "me too" retrofits don't even approach what LN offers.
Many companies offer lifetime warranties for items costing much less than that. Snap-on tools, Delta faucets, Raybestos brakes, ect. etc.

When they charge $1850 for a kit that cost them less than $100 to manufacture (yes, I understand a percentage goes for R&D, but not THAT much), and call it a "permanent solution" they should put their money where their mouth is.

If they won't ever fail then it wouldn't be a bad business decision, would it? They already pre-qualify the health of the engine before the "solution" gets installed, and only honor their current warranty if it is installed by an authorized mechanic, so DIYers are shut out. After all that, why would it be a bad business decision to offer a lifetime warranty?

EPS offers the same warranty as LN, but their product is less than 1/3 the cost of the LN "solution." And they don't void the warranty if an DIYer installs it.

I actually believe that the LN Solution may be a better product, so I'm not here to argue which is better. But at more than 3 times the cost, they should offer much, much better warranty, IMO.

Last edited by piper6909; 06-11-2020 at 01:52 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote