View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 06:21 AM   #16
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by beater986 View Post
Unsure, but I should call LN with the number and see what the date was Do these bearings 'wear out'?
LN can tell you what their records indicate the bearing is. I had a Single Row Pro (dual row replacement for a single row OEM bearing) installed in my car by my shop at 42k miles. It failed at 77k miles. When I contacted LN, Charles Navarro said the number on my install sticker indicated the bearing was made before the Single Row Pro was introduced and that it was a single row bearing. My shop receipt said the LN bearing was the dual row Single Row Pro, and the shop owner showed me the remnants of the failed bearing and said it was dual row, so I left it at that. The remnants went back to LN for analysis and I never bothered to try and find out from them whether my replacement bearing was in fact dual or single row.

I now have the IMS Solution. I would say it is as permanent as the engine's crank main bearings. Based on my experience of one failed IMSB upgrade, I would recommend periodic replacement of any splash/mist lubricated ball or roller bearing IMSB on some periodic basis.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote