View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
joeythelyon

Buying My First Porsche

Hi everyone!

I got bitten by the Porsche bug some months back after driving my first sports car, and I think it's time to get something with more driver involvement and less lazy than my AMG Mercedes. So, I've been looking at Boxsters on local classifieds to work on and have fun with over the summer.

I found what looks like a good deal on a modded, but non-running 2001 Boxster S, and if you guys could give some feedback, that would be great.

Details:
-Seal Grey on black interior, interior in good shape, headlights have no fade
-140k miles
-6-speed manual
-19" iforged wheels
-Bilstein shocks and Techart springs
-VR Tune ECU flash
-Fabspeed race headers with cat bypass
-Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes

Problems:
-The car starts and runs, but the seller says it emits fumes of blue-white smoke. He said it happened about two minutes after he left his driveway some months ago and he has parked it in his garage ever since. Seller said that his Porsche technician said it is most likely the AOS
-Seller says the brakes "barely work" because "the AOS creates a vacuum leak in the braking system." I'm not sure how valid this is.
-Softtop rear window is completely faded and cracked. It needs replacement, or the top needs replacement.

He posted it for $5k, but says he won't go lower than $4.5k. What do you guys think?

I hope I'm posting this in the right section. This is my first post.
joeythelyon is offline   Reply With Quote