View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_send View Post

If you own a hardtop would you post:
  1. What did you pay for it? $610
  2. When? July 2006
  3. Color and condition? Arctic Silver - Just about perfect - the seller didn’t use it
  4. Local or Shipped? I had to drive from Richmond VA to a town near Charlotte NC to pick it up
My purchase was affected by some special circumstances. The seller never used the top and was selling it before he moved. His daughter listed it on eBay in July when most people are not looking for hard tops. He would not ship and the buyer had to pick up the top on or about the 4th of July weekend. I must have been the only person who could satisfy the seller’s conditions because I was the only bidder.

The price I paid was the opening bid. I had to factor in the cost of my trip, but I think I got a good deal. The top matched my car and I didn’t have any additional expenses except spin locks and the plastic cover for the windshield header latch.

My top is from a 98 Boxster so it has covers (often called “ears”) that conceal mounting points for the roof transport system. This is slightly less desirable than the tops without ears.

Good luck with your search.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote