View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
986bsdriver

Motor mounts-oem vs aftermarket

I’ve owned my boxster for almost 3 years, put maybe 10,000km on it over that span, and that’s being generous. I finally got around to checking out why it’s been making a clunking sound whenever I shift and it turned out to be the motor mount. I actually found it particularly easy to take the mount out as it took longer to jack up the car. Having said that, I’d like to know what people’s opinions are when it comes to motor mounts. My car has about 150,000km on it so it’s safe to say it’s due for lots of loving which I finally got around to and the motor mount is the first.

I usually get all my parts from the usual rock auto, mainly because of selection and the shipping price includes the taxes and duties. I got a new URO motor mount for around $30CAD shipped to my door. Based on how shredded my original one is, and how much the URO one cost, along with how much the oem or lemforder one costs, is any one superior to the other? The oem solutions is about triple the cost to order, and given how many kms I’ve driven, doing it once every few years isn’t an issue. I’d like to know what everyone’s thoughts are cause I can still order another one in before installation.
986bsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote