View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #13
selaliadobor

Update, I got a Boxster S!

It's from a member of the Porsche Facebook group, IMS was taken care of, in much better condition than the one I linked, and I'm really excited to get it

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/576418352919442/

-

Funny story though, went to checkout the Boxster I linked above at the sleazy dealer just to try it in person...

Walk in there and there's a bottle of anti-freeze with the cap missing 5ft from the car, and it's on a battery tender...

Now this is where I should have pretended I was lost and left, but I drove an hour to be there, so least I can do is say hi.

Over all the car feels rough from the moment it rolls forward. Shifter is incredibly sloppy, weird smell coming from engine, suspension clonking, brake pads are shot....

I made it about a mile before I felt I had seen enough of the hazard on wheels

But suddenly I notice a little blinking red light next to the temperature gauge...

And the gauge seems to have creeped a little to the right juuuust a little...

A few seconds later and the temp gauge is all the way in the red. I immediately stop the car, maybe 500 yards from the "dealer".

The best part is, when the temperature finally does come back down enough for me to limp it back across the street, I can't even start it... turns out it was on a battery tender because the battery can't even start the car anymore.

"The fan must have been off or something!" says the dealer.

I asked "are you really trying to get 8k from someone for this" and could see the defeat in his eyes : D suddenly he's not a saleman, he's a guy trying to con people who's caught "well yeah, maybe we might get someone" he mumbles. I actually made a terrible mistake and offered him 3k for it, on the off chance it's just a water pump issue, since the oil still looked good.

Fortunately he saved me from that mistake and asked for 6k, which I promptly walked away from.

Definitely an interesting first drive in a Boxster
selaliadobor is offline   Reply With Quote