View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 AM   #1
Htci

Oil scavenge pump cover and exhaust header seal

Hi Guys, I have a separate thread going with an oil cooler leak issue and while tackling that job I wanted to inquire about a couple other minor (i.e. no fluid on ground) leaks I've had for quite a while. One is the passenger side scavenge pump cover. It's looked like this for the last 25K miles. Car functions normally besides a light tapping noise at hot idle that I've dealt with for the last 15K miles and hasn't progressed; another thread created regarding this and I believe it could be an oil pressure issue but I'll be checking for scored bores next oil change-oil analysis and leak down found no problems. Just wondering if oil around the scavenge pump cover is something anyone else has experienced/observed and how they dealt with it.

In addition, I see soot on the bank 2 (driver side) exhaust header that is not found on bank 1 (pristine); bank2 header bolts sprayed with WD40 just in case I was going to tighten however I'm currently too scared to take that step in fear of shearing/stripping the bolt. See attached pictures and please advise. Thanks for everyone's help!

Last edited by Htci; 05-29-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Htci is offline   Reply With Quote