View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
selaliadobor

Thanks for all the information

I didn't link to it because it's a Facebook listing and tied to the person selling by their name unlike Craigslist and stuff (I don't know why but I'd fee a little weird posting it?) but here are some images:

The exact wording used was:

Slight valve cover gasket leak. I haven't noticed any significant oil loss in between oil changes.
Wheels although dipped are loosing it's chrome coating. Interior is in decent shape aside from the seats having some rips in them."

Rear window needs replacement, I'm not to worried about it, this is a beater so I don't mind a DIY rough fix with glue, and there are a few part outs around here where I might be able to get a new top

The leak is my biggest concern and it sounds like, while it can be a (tough) DIY job, that's only if that's really the source of the leak. So I need better confirmation that's the actual source of the leak...

I'm going to ask how long they've seen the leak for. Hoping the answer will be "for a long time" counter-intuitively. If they say recently, that would imply to me that their mechanic found an issue so they want to get rid of it, but I have a good feeling about them if they're being open enough with the issues it has

Also on pricing around here, 7k-10k seems to be the going rate for a base model Boxster with 60-100k miles for that range

There's one base 2004 for 6.5k OBO in a color I really like actually and indications that the owner kept up on the work required, but that's a lot of miles, and I was leaning towards the S a bit more

Tried to reply with an update and got a message about moderation? What's that about?

-

Can't reply anymore... so:

Going to try again with this update;

Found one more car:

(other one was sold )
-

2001 $8.5k asking price, 98k miles

Similar price, but CarGurus claimed 6 owners (!).

That seemed off to me so I checked the Vin manually and it just bounced around a group of dealers a few times, so 2 owners. First owner did services at a Porsche dealer, but service records trail off from there

Also has options I want (namely PSM, TC has saved me on some sketchy roads):
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?#list ing=266805562

Last edited by selaliadobor; 05-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.
selaliadobor is offline   Reply With Quote