Thread: AutoTop DIY
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #145
jpc763

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Just swap the wires that come off of pins 8 & 9 on the switch
Hi Jay, I put this project on a back burner and started it up again given the current stay at home orders.

Anyway, I started over from scratch and still cannot seem to do it correctly. I am going to post some pictures of my (crappy) wiring. Something has to be wrong there.

For Nano power, I am pulling power from the cig lighter. It goes from there to one leg of the voltage regulato.
The second leg (center leg) of the voltage regulator is connected to ground. The final leg of the regulator is connected to the 5v power on the Nano. This also shows ground connecting to the harness.

There are also two connectors that connect directly between the harness and switch as in the diagram.

For Nano Pin 2, it is connected through a 1k resistor connect to the center pin of the 547B transitor.
One leg of the 547B transistor is connected to ground
Final leg of the transistor is connected to harness pin
For Nano Pin 3, it is connected through a 1k resistor connect to the center pin of the 547B transitor.
One leg of the 547B transistor is connected to ground
Final leg of the transistor is connected to harness pin

For Nano Pin 8, It is connected to a 10k resistor through to ground AND is connected to the switch
For Nano Pin 9, It is connected to a 10k resistor through to ground AND is connected to the switch

This is the place I believe that I made a mistake. Does the 10k need to be directly between Pin 8 (or 9) and the switch?

Anyway, when installed, I see the power light. I push the switch and nothing happens.

If anyone else knows what I screwed up, please let me know!