View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #4
rick3000
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I built some 2-stage wooden cribs and raise the car 6" then 12" resting the wheels for oil changes/etc. If you want to use stands, use the rear lift point (in front of the rear wheels) to raise one side of the car high enough to place the a stand on the front jack point on the lowest stand setting (yes it can be done). Same for the other side.

Then use a long/low jack and place it on the forward end of the diamond shaped plate between the rear wheels. There are two bolts at the front, and that is a safe place to lift both rear wheels at the same time. Do not use the other side of the plate (closet to the exhaust pipe) it is not strong enough and could bend. Raise the car up and place the rear jack stands. If you want to get the car higher, use the same location for the rear. For the front there is a bulge, forward and toward the center, about 8-12" inches from the front jack point, you can use to lift the front higher. That spot is just really difficult to get at when the car is still on the ground, which is why I didn't mention it earlier.

I recommend putting a hockey puck on your floor jack, and if you can afford Esco stands, they won't tear up the underbody coating.