View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 AM   #782
Nine8Six

Pardon my short memory I've just realized we had a chat about a car PC a few months back. Glad you've found out this thread and chiming in some good points, all very valid in fact (thanks!). If all of that stuff would be easy to implement trust me I'd swing in all your ideas in a flash, but as you know (I'm sure you do) its always about compromises :/

Didn't know Apple brought-in interior lighting control in their product. I find it rude that they've forgotten all about the SkyBreaker. I'm insulted, let me raise an official complaint right away

A BT-over-uart would work perfectly fine, good idea btw! That uart would take a 0x33 "init" at 5 baud (write), wait for a 0x55 response from the ECU (read) and after that you'd send out requests (mode, PID) to comm with the car. e.g.

uint8_t message[5] = {0x68, 0x6A, 0xF1, 0x01, 0x11}; // ask for throttle pos

Modes and PIDs conversion at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OBD-II_PIDs

Something like that.

ps. I'm up to hacking the A/F so to get seasonal performance maps uploaded. I may get in touch with someone I know back in the UK who specialize in car performance mapping and see if he is interested in partnership. e.g. you'd buy his engineer service, get a re-map for your vehicle and have that uploaded before a track day (or illegal night race at the industrial park, in my case LOL) and have the original oem map restored after that, You get the idea....

Anyway. All-very-early indeed. pps; Just had two of those (kick-arse) capacitive displays arriving today, I'll breadboard one over this evening to confirm the pinout and see how that goes! They are incredibly beautiful and well engineered it appears, so slim too