View Single Post
Old 05-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #776
Kboggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Quick Update on the LED winner; we are going for addressable LED. Most commonly known as WS2812B. Therefore a POS(+) NEG(-) and a IO (3-wires). The LEDs are independently/digitally driven by SPI and a clock source so this makes it much easier for me to drive this controller-side wise. It makes no difference to the user other than being able to create custom fading/mixing patterns and other cool effects, which I suspect will be of any interest or use, but the feature is there if needed.

Trying to visualize your idea. How do you see this working out installation-wise? Do we need a whole lot of lighting or 1 (or 2) LED is sufficient per each sides? I'm interested to hear more when you have time.

Is below what you had in mind? Something you can control via that SkyBreaker controller for both color and brightness? (Thanks btw!)

edit: don't feel overwhelmed by those ports, possibly going to be a single-core harness with a stress-relief boot instead (cleaner) or a one multi-pin connector sharing same GND and (+). Yet to arrive at that part of the design, just putting this here for feature visualization/debate.

Yep, love it! Depending where the controller is mounted I would imagine a strip or 1-3 leds depending on brightness to add under dash on each side for the footwell lighting. Maybe other light applications for those not interested in footwell lighting? Option for rope or others if the connections would be interchangeable and can be sourced even later?? Would the color/controls be independent of the skybreaker or need to be the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kboggs is offline   Reply With Quote