View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #16
mikefocke

Only you ....

can decide if a specific car is for you.

All I know about buying or owning Boxsters of the '97-'04 vintage (after owning 3 Porsche mid-engined cars) is distilled in web pages of advice and information that I've experienced or accumulated from years of reading these forums. I invite you to brouse as you'll see information on buying, selling, maintenance, hacks, reliability, etc. Even sources for discount parts.

I'm not all knowing, just have the habit of writing things as I gradually learn about them and then sharing the assembled collective wisdom so the next guy can start where I left off.

http://mike.focke.googlepages.com/mikesporscheboxsterwebpages

You have located a car whose history and condition you personally know of and whose driver and his habits you know. The ideal.

Drive it a lot. Top up and down. Heater on and A/C on (if you can). Freeway and city. Straight and twistie.

And then let your gut tell you the answer. .. to buy or pass. Either is a respectable decision. After all, it is your $$$.

They aren't perfect, no car is. But they do impart something we call "perma-grin", that look on the drivers face when the top is down, the weather is perfect, the curves ahead beckon, there is no cop in sight, and all is right between you and your machine.

It is a wonderful car. Took me 10 minutes into my first drive to decide to buy one.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote