Thread: Happy surprise!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #1

Happy surprise!

So a little background....

I've had this 2000 2.7L boxster for about 4 years. It was a bit of a basket case/not well taken care of car but the price was right when I bought it and I've had some fun with it with minimal trouble...

Finally have the time to get around and deal with some issues mainly the top (will get started later) and a loud grind shifting into 3rd gear. My guess is syncros are out/going out. Other than that shifts fine, no noises, etc. I found what I hope to be is a good 5spd transmission on ebay. Ordered a clutch kit with flywheel too. Car has about 65,000 miles on it so I figured I may as well replace the probably OE clutch/etc while I'm in there.

Got the transmission out and it seems the clutch has been replaced relatively recently (mileage wise at least). There is an aftermarket disc/flywheel/etc that looks almost new. I was also planning on attacking the RMS and thinking of doing the IMS too but everything looks so dry and happy that I'm probably just going to leave it as is and put it back together...

I've attached a couple of pictures so hopefully some more experienced eyes can tell me if it looks like the RMS and IMS have been replaced at some point. There is evidence of sealant applied to IMS cover plate and I assume that wasn't done at the factory...

95020 is offline   Reply With Quote