View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 07:44 AM   #771
Nine8Six

So... we've agreed to have:

1) RGB Colors & Brightness
2) Brake Light Signal
3) Some fun...

Spent the day yesterday thinking how the HMI would work out. Thought of analog buttons but then quickly realized we are in year 2020(I think?) and buttons where, like, 1969 style user interaction. Got in-touch with an old display supplier today and asked whether they had small displays engineered for cold weather "with capacitive touch". To my surprise he said he had them in all sizes (lol). So had him sending me the dwg to see if I can fit this bad boy into a relatively small enclosure (hand-held) and I'm quite happy with the size, not much bigger than what we had before anyway (picture a mini-iPhone thingy).

The display is 240X340 resolution, 2.4", capacitive touch (i.e not the old resistive style needing a silly stylus), 16-bit, writes at 60ns (!!!), -20~70dC spec'ed.

My question to you guys is this:

Now that we anticipate to have a (half)modern controller, "is there anything else that you would like to have in this thing apart from RGB and some fun?". I'm thinking developers in mind as I know a whole lot of you folks would love to thinker with this so I just need to know if you need some extra bells & whistles in the kit e.g. K-Line (aka make your own Durametric or performance map up-loader), Roof-controller, Jet-Propulsion On-Switch, some extra GPIOs for .....

Open for both brilliant & silly ideas, please chime before I hit the schematic design!

^ Just a quick CAD perspective. Trying to gauge the PCB size we'll be given to play this out.