View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 09:54 AM   #1
Marty97

1997 Porsche Boxster for sale in "MEXICO" $5k usd

** SOLD **

Hi folks.... Posting from Cozumel Mexico hoping we have a few folks from MX on the forum. I shipped my Boxster to Cozumel from Connecticut in 2017 - driving it around the Island for three years. Immobilizer got soaked during a monsoon in 2018 - after a few months research and mailing to the USA back and forth I finally got it working (thanks to Qmulus) with the exception of the side window (electrical).

Left town for 30days in Feb leaving car tarped - Tarp flew off at some point during a tropical storm causing the Immobilizer to get soaked AGAIN! Despite the high miles (154,000), I feel this car has many many years left on it but I'm planning on moving to Chiapas and time to let it go. Hoping someone can fix and drive or use for parts.

Transmission was replaced 6 years (Porsche certified) paid over $9k for tranny & engine work
IMS Bearing replaced prior to any issues developing (done while Tranny was being replaced 6 years ago)

Asking $5,000usd
Miles: 154k

Immobilizer is the only thing wrong with this car. All oil and services performed at Connecticut Porsche dealership USA - clean bill of health when I left in 2017 (had it maintenance a few weeks before shipping it to Mexico - Porsche can confirm VN#WP0CA2985VS624662). Car will not start without a new/fixed immobilizer. Registered in USA, shipped to Puerto Morales Mx, have all paperwork allowing car to be in Mexico but have not changed plates to Mexico yet.

Last edited by Marty97; 04-29-2020 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Car was sold
Marty97 is offline   Reply With Quote