View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #12
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterBob
I currently own a '95 Mazda RX7 that I have owned since it was new. I have enjoyed the speed of the RX7, and the razor-sharp handling. I admit, I have been very disappointed in the build quality and lack of reliability of the RX7, as it suffers from issues like the engine bay running very hot, to the point of cracking plastic pieces and making vacuum hoses brittle.Rob
i had a '93 RX-7 before i got the boxster. i LOVED my RX; very light, very fast, very responsive, and very beautiful. i have enjoyed the boxster more, but sometimes i do miss the RX-7. the box is more comfortable, gets WAY better mileage (i averaged 12mpg in my RX-7), is more reliable, is convertible, beautiful and extremely fun to drive. it doesn't quite have the WEEEEEEE!!!! factor that my RX-7 did; it's a more refined drive. my boxster always feels like it's going slower than the RX did over familiar sections of road, but it's not; the suspension is just much more refined. the RX-7 does feel quite a bit more crisp & go-kart like, but overall, the feedback in the Box is superior. i do prefer owning the Boxster, but that's not to say i don't miss the RX-7; it was an incredibly fun car to own.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote