View Single Post
Old 04-24-2020, 11:21 AM   #2
EdTeach

Boxster for sale

I'm interested, PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
We have a lot going on, I need it gone! We're moving out of state this week, no time to fix it, already towing another car. Only interested in local pick-up deals, and whoever gets here first gets it. I'm starting here, and posting on Craigslist in a couple hours.

Car is located in Arlington, Texas. Call/text me at 925-699-0244.

So here's the deal - clean title in my name, no wrecks, 94,579 miles, triple black. The top is currently stuck up (1 transmission was replaced years ago, I think the other one went), and a check engine light just came on and it's a little smoky, hence the price. Not overheating.

A little about the car: My dad ordered it new in California back in 1998 (had to wait a long time back then). It overheated once about 10 years ago bad enough to warp the heads, so engine was rebuilt and IMS was addressed then (not sure which version the shop used). I've had it in Texas for about 6 years. Garage kept it's whole life. Only options on the car are the carbon fiber e-brake handle and shift knob, heated seats, and the 18" turbo twist wheels which were a factory option in the correct sizes for the Boxster.

The good:
-New front pads and rotors (Done at Zim's)
-New CV boots (also at Zim's)
^^(Unfortunately this cost more than I'm selling the whole car for)
-Doesn't overheat even in Texas - I put in a 160 thermostat
-Has some extras: 996 throttle body, 996 shifter, underdrive pulley, secondary cat bypass pipes, 160 thermostat, the cool headlights that were being sold on here, LED taillights with originals in a box...probably some more stuff I'm forgetting.
-Has the Porsche factory airbag bypass installed so you can deactivate passenger airbags for kids to ride

The bad:
Convertible top stuck up
Check engine light with smoky exhaust as mentioned
2 keys, but remotes stopped working a while back and I never dealt with it (I think it was after disconnecting the battery for something)
Probably some other minor stuff in keeping with a 20 year old car

I also have some stuff in the garage that can go with the car - M030 sway bars I never put on, Vogtland sport springs, some random boxes of stuff from Pelican Parts....

Here's a pic from a couple months ago when I had just finished a little wash and wax, no major cosmetic changes since then other than I need to wash her today.

EdTeach is offline   Reply With Quote