Thread: Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 06:06 AM   #14
bcrdukes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen View Post
What about pilot sport as 3+. That's what I have on my car. They seem to ware well and I've never been in the ditch but I have nothing to compare them to.
I have the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ on my daily driver (2017 Toyota Corolla iM, precursor to the latest Corolla hatchback.)

My experience is limited to the street only and as a daily driver and grocery getter. I've had them for over a year and a bit and they've worn very well on a relatively tame alignment for the street (I don't recall the specs.) The car is lowered on a set of H&R springs and it hasn't accelerated wear in any way. It's not rough on the street and overall comfortable, but mind you, this is a Toyota Corolla, not a race prepped Boxster or 911 hot rod. If the intention is to run these on the track, I would steer you away from them because these are an all-season tire.

For comparison, the Corolla iM came with a set of Bridgestone Ecopia tires from the factory. They were really soft and meant to, well, make the ride comfortable, but the braking distance on them was terrible, especially in the rain. That's when I got rid of them and got a set of the Michelins.

Last edited by bcrdukes; 04-10-2020 at 06:09 AM.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote