View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #5596
Brian in Tucson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Said eff it (IT being the CV BS) and wife and I left home at 9A and went on a drive abandoning any social distancing suggestions, rules, regulations, and laws and drove 70 miles to the North Shore Beach and Yacht Club... stopped in... then cruised 20 miles further east to Bombay Beach... doubling back to the Yacht Club for her to enjoy a bottle of wine and 3.4 sushi rolls. Walked the beach where there were about 7 other people "practicing and exercising" social distancing. I believe we'll bring the 4 dogs next weekend, weathr permitting.

Headed back west on the 111 to the 86... to the 111 again hitting Aldi's in Palm Desert... finding what I've been looking for for weeks: Bread Yeast. Got a bread machine and like making my own pizza dough.

With the exception of a couple local store runs I hadn't been out of the house to "down the hill" for a couple of weeks. The drive along the 111 through Indio, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Cathedral City, then Palm Springs and seeing all the closed business really was eye opening. But, you know... If just one life is saved.

Returned home around 4P. What a great day.
Sounds like fun! Wish I was there. I've been driving the New Beetle convertible It's the 18t model. A really great southwest US example. (that said, it has had so many little things that broke, some of them crazy expensive.) Probably gonna load up my dog and go for a top down ride today. We're allowed in AZ. 80 degrees today!:ah:
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote