View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #150
Traco

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinfool View Post
Portmarnock is awesome! Played the old course a few times & the newer links course once. I really love the old course & highly recommend to everyone who golfs. The way the sea comes in there is really cool.

Fortunate to share this with my Dad & brother (wives as well, but they didn't golf). Our original dream trip was scheduled 9/12/01. 9/11 hit and no planes could fly. All of the places in Ireland stepped up & let us rebook without penalty within 12 months - did it late June '02. This situation has somewhat of an echo. This was the trip of my life so far and I've fortunately traveled widely. My best to the Irish from USA!
Glad you enjoyed it. Old Portmarnock is a serious course. Still regularly in the news here as I still don't think they allow female members. Last I recall es sometime last year where they were reviewed it with their members but I think that's nearly an annual thing now.

We are close to the flight path and the current situation reminds me of 9/11 with virtually no planes flying.

As for beer we can't get Yeungling here but when I'm in SWFL it's my go to beer. Really good and a great price.
2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey