View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #135
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Today im going to resist everything that's natural for me.... and do almost nothing.

It's 38d (f) here. Snow on the ground. Im on the deck with the patio heater burning the fuzz off my scalp. I'm holding a tattered, original of Les Miserables in Hugo's words (French, original) in my hands, which I may or may not get to. My wife's feeding her lambs.

There's nothing I could do right now to make anything better than this.

Lots of things I could do that'd make it worse.

If my anxiety takes over, I might move my wife's mini R52 into the garage and see what's going on with the convertible top.

Naaaaahhhhhh......

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Very cool—and noncontroversial! (And you too, jcp)

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
For those of you and your loved ones who are fighting the battle for us, a heart-felt thank you to all of you and the hope you all come out whole when this is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp View Post
A big thumbs up this!!
+1

And for all the worriers that sentiments expressed within this thread are going to do irreparable harm to the 986 community here, I’d say relax. Do tensions run high and tempers flare over political matters? Even amongst friends? Of course they do. Toss in a hot pandemic and a highly controversial president like the one we’ve currently got and you’ve got the makings of the perfect storm. Intelligent, opinionated and nervous people spout off, especially in difficult times like this. Others, the targets (real or perceived), predictably take offense and respond, often in knee-jerk, not entirely well-thought-out ways. It’s what members of “families” do. Folks get irate, feelings are hurt, then it passes. Nobody here should take any of this too terribly seriously (though I am definitely disturbed by the suggestion that somebody should “be the next case” to fall victim to a potentially lethal illness—that one was clearly over the line; any possibility of an apology pending? C’mon guy, be a man. You can do it!).

As is so often necessary in matters of politics and religion, let’s all just agree to disagree on some things, then focus on getting through this mess we find ourselves in.