View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 07:39 AM   #93
Brian in Tucson

I don't read the car forums to get all politicized. I'm fairly liberal, and my views are set in granite.

That said, I'm hunkering down. I'm 68, retired, and have kidney disease and diabetes. And my mom, who's 92, and has various age related ailments lives with me. Like some other issues, specifically envirionmentalism and climate change, it doesn't hurt anyone if I stay low, limit my driving, and only go to get groceries once a week. Just takes a little planning.

Some say this virus thing is hysteria. No, I don't think so. And why chance it?

I have on 01 Base Boxster. It lived a hard life and despite only having 73,000 miles it was a wreck. I'm older and if I don't want to work on it, I put it off til tomorrow. It's been a year now since it was last started.

I just drained the gas tank. Lots of black sh it in the bottom of the tank, and about 6 gallons of stinky gas. I've got a couple of gallons of premium and a qt. bottle of Techron to dose it with. When I can start driving it again, it'll get Chevron. I replaced the fuel filter yesterday, it back flowed with black gas! It's up on the quick jack, I'll start it up of the ground and if it's running better, I'll put all the underside plastics back on. Lost or broke a bunch of those plastic nuts, I'm gonna see what I've got around here to replace them or see if Amazon carries something. Amazon has a good selection of plastic fasteners, the prices are good.

I've got three bottles of black Rit dye. I've been converting interior from blue to black, a bunch of carpet still is faded blue.

I have a set of new strut cartridges. While it's on the quick jack, I'll tackle that job. Brakes need flushing, too. Somewhere I have a set new bleeder screws.

Need to put the top back on, I've been doing engine work, and it's easier to just remove the top completely--I have an 03 top and the glass doesn't stow very well for servicing.

Even those of you who are non believers, I wish you well. And hope for no one getting Covid 19. Even Trump and Pense. We'll take care of them in November.

Stay well, drink lots of water!