View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 06:56 AM   #92
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Perfectlap, have you considered writing for a living or as a side gig? Very well-done.

My heartfelt thoughts and best wishes to your parents. I've had to deal with sick parents, but not both at the same time, and especially not over long distances. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you.

PS: Loved the vid!
Thanks. I intentionally made it very long to discourage the possibility that any ultra die hard Trump supporters might read it. Although to their credit they generally will read something longer than a fortune cookie unlike their hero.

The tough part of this for us that have relatives that are constantly brought to hospitals and have healthcare workers coming to the home daily is that these people and facilities are the only reason my father is still alive and enjoying life. For a person who is bedbound with blood clots, incontinence and advanced cancer he's always smiling and laughing. Ironically my father was kicked out of hospice because they said he was too strong and his vitals too stable. Yet he's been rushed to the hospital every month for the last year to be given powerful antibiotics that can only be administered intravenously. it's like night and day within hours of taking with these drugs, he's like a new man after. But the workers are no longer coming to the home now and the next trip to the ER might be a death trap or he might be turned away altogether. Maybe next time these governors will take stay at home orders seriously and sooner in states with high senior citizen populations.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW