Thread: Track alignment
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 12:37 PM   #59
Gilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmitro View Post
I'm intrigued by this concept of running 0 toe all around or even slight toe out in the rear. I might have to try it my next DE event
Jmitro:

I am guessing that this would depend of the type of track you will be running, as the person (Steve Alarcon) that did the corner balancing and alignment on my car a few weeks ago, left the car with 1.5mm of toe in at the rear axle as he wanted the car to be stable at relative high speed 80-90 mph, which is the speed everyone usually drives on the So.Cal toll roads.., yes this is true

BTW, Steve Alarcon is a long time racer with the POC, and he specializes on Porsche race cars alignment, and his shop has very good reputation.

When I ask him the reasoning, he mentioned that when you run on a tight course without very high speed straights is when you dial your car with slight toe out to help you rotate the car, otherwise you dial toe in to help the car stability on high speeds.

However, I am no expert on this matter whatsoever just relying what I heard a few weeks ago.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote