View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Oil Change, Royal Purple

I just got back from my fathers shop, I got my first oil change for my Boxster. I used 15w-40...I know I'm suppose to use 15-50 but royal purple doesnt make it...I should be fine.

But already after 20 miles, Im reeping the benefits. The idle is getting smoother with every mile i drive, the acceleration is more crisp, smooth & a tad quicker.

I had the same results using this oil in my Twin Turbo but I stopped using it cause the price for the oil was to high, But nothing is too expensive for my Boxster.

My Idle is SOOOOOO much better, I figure after about 500 miles that the idle should be so smooth that I wont be able to tell the engine is running just like in my 140,000 mile Twin Turbo.

I've witness some pretty amazing stuff with this oil in the past, One of my buddies turned me on to this oil when he showed me a before and after picture of his head on his newer prelude...With normal oil the cams, valve springs & all metal surface that oil touched looked like any other car,

But after 3000 miles with Royal Purple in his engine, He took off the valve cover again to replace a cover gasket and it was remarkable...The cam, valve springs and everything under the valve cover looked polished and whatever blackish residue that was on the oil soaked parts was now gone...

Does anyone have any experience using Royal Purple gear oil for there manual trans?

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote