View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 09:19 AM   #8
boggtown

Being a BMW owner for so long, I know a lot about them. Thus I wanted an M3 before a boxster. I joined the m3forum.com site and it is quite a piece of work. It is much more than just a forum. I suggest you guys go there and look around, like I just looked 2 seconds ago and they had 385 members online (not including the 800+ guests). They have decals and stuff and a huge reputation. And I don't understand why this forum isn't as big. Were there just like millions more M3s built than boxsters or is it the type of person who buys the car. I can see a BMW owner joining a forum more than I can see a Porsche owner joining one. I guess its just the type of person. Does that mean we are fighting a loosing battle? Will a Ferrari forum just never take off or have enough members to sustain itself despite the fact that there are tons of Ferraris? I don't know, but what I do know is good marketing. From what I see, marketing execs would have a field day with this site. Do boxsters even have a homecomming? Because I remember Z3 homecomming and thousands of people would drive for maybe a thousand miles to get there. I da no, just my .02