Thread: Sun Visor Help
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 06:29 AM   #7
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibodo View Post
So maybe I spoke too soon. I tried this today. First, I broke one of the clips on the trim strip that goes across the top of the windshield. Guess I can find a replacement on eBay. Next, I used a small flat blade screwdriver to split the broken brass nuts apart, then I tried to remove the pieces with a needle nose pliers. I was able to get a few of the smaller bits out, but at some point I tried to work out a larger piece, and it somehow popped out of the needle nose and disappeared. I think it went through the upper hole in the nut plate, and is now loose in the windshield frame. So I think I have two, maybe three options. Leave the loose pieces floating and hope that don’t rattle, remove the windshield and remove the loose pieces, or my last idea, inject expanding foam in the holes to try to capture the pieces so they won’t rattle.

Anyone experienced this? Anyone have a better suggestion?
Relax and go for a VERY spirited drive w/ lots of hard left and right corners. Loose pieces will settle into a spot where they no longer will rattle.

One a second car which I helped someone R&R their's, we had two pieces go rogue and faced your same dilemma. Figured we'd try an easy drive first to draw them back towards the hole. When that didn't work we figured there was nothing to lose. A good sweeping left hander at speed rattled them across the top rail to the passenger side. A second long left sent them tumbling down to what sounded like the base of the a-pillar never to be heard from again.

The hard part for you is over.

Good luck