View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
JimmyBad
01 Basalt Metallic 986

Garage
Stupid mistake while taking the highway...

Went on a steep slope as I late entered the highway. It happened the same day I changed the front swaybar links and bushings. The Koni shocks are fairly new but I checked for leakage anyways but I didn't find any. I'll check again later.

Immediately after the incident, the steering wheel was more to the right than usual (Was already very slightly to the right) and now the car pulls slightly to the right too. I am mostly concerned about frame bending or damage. The spacing between the fenders and other body panels don't look out of ordinary.

I took the car to a local tire shop to get the wheels balanced and only one of the wheels was slightly bent but they were able to balance all of them and the car does not vibrate at high speeds. I will probably get the car aligned tomorrow at my preferred shop.

The one side of the undercarriage under the front trunk is a little bent and scuffed. I stood in the trunk where it was bent up and I was able to pop it back down. In regards to the exposed metal, I bought some Rustoleum Bedliner and sprayed it up to prevent any rust, and it looks great again but I'm still worried about the frame.

Last edited by JimmyBad; 03-06-2020 at 05:55 PM.
JimmyBad is offline   Reply With Quote