Thread: Anything else
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
Aynsley683

Garage
Anything else-Update

So my my father in law just gave my wife an old 986 , unfortunately it’s an automatic. Now he hasn’t really driven it in 5 years and miraculously it started and was delivered to us here in VA from Phoenix last weekend.

I’ve done some searching around on the forum here and now have a plan. I’ve ordered a bunch of parts form Suncoast (?) -bit on the higher price side but this way I’m getting exactly what I need I think, will try pelican when I’ve got a handle on things better.

Friend put a code reader on car and is misfiring on 4 out of 6 ( 1,6, 5 and 4 ) no other codes at all surprisingly , ordered spark plugs, coils and the tubes in there, new gas cap, oil filter, new drain plug plus washer, both air filters ( haven’t been touched in 5 years clearly), also set of ramps, torque spanner and the Bentley car manual for this Porsche.

My plan is to get those things done then get it to someone that knows these cars a lot better to give it a once over, by someone that knows what they are doing. I’ve already had to find and do the hand brake bypass in order to get top down-found on here-in order to get at engine to clean it up and check it over for obvious leaks or bust hoses etc.

Coolant seems fine as does the brake fluid, both of which I’ll get changed when it goes in for check over. Actually the oil looks surprisingly clean as well but am doing that once parts get here.

So my question is should I be doing anything else?

Last edited by Aynsley683; 03-18-2020 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Just posting an update of work done
Aynsley683 is offline   Reply With Quote