View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #1
bg305
01 Seal Gray 986 S

Seal Gray with Zanzibar Red Accents?

After about 6 months of ownership, I really feel that my Seal Gray needs some finesse...

I want to add vinyl Porsche door stripes and have roll bar covers. I also might put an accent stripe on a duck tail if I add one. I am thinking about going with Zanzibar Red as an accent color and am trying to imagine it with the seal gray. I have seen some rare orange highlights on seal gray (mostly the orange from the gulf colors I think), and I think it can look good, but Zanzibar is a complex color, ranging from red to bright orange depending on the light, and then there is the fact I will be spraying it in small quantities from an aerosol can for the roll bar covers and body accents and I do not know how well the vinyl stripes will show the depth of the color.

I made some mock ups to try to capture the idea and get feedback.. I even photoshoped on a Zanzibar colored mirror even though I don't know I would go that far. It is there mostly to help show the contrast of the colors...

Excusing my poor photoshop skills and imaging it as best as possible, what do you think? interesting combo? Fools errand?

bg305 is offline   Reply With Quote