View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
KevinH1990

I added the rear speakers and upgraded the dash speakers in my Boxster. The improvement in the sound quality was fairly significant considering the relatively small investment in time and money.

I have retained the OEM door speakers. I want to listen to a car with a subwoofer upgrade. I am not sure how much improvement I would be able to hear in a relatively noisy car. The OEM door speakers contribute some base, and it may be a situation in which you would need to make a big investment to hear a small improvement.

I recently installed an 8-inch subwoofer and some small full range speakers in the rear deck of my 05 Mercedes C230. It added a subtle but notable improvement at the lower end of the sound spectrum and music has more “depth.” But this is in a relatively quiet car which had no existing low-end speakers.

I think the type of music you like may have an effect on your decision. There are genres that depend heavily on bass. If you like that type of music you may need to research options for installing a larger sub.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console

Last edited by KevinH1990; 02-29-2020 at 08:46 PM.
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote