View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #10
Gilles

slammed may look cool but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Because you're not using adjustable LCA's, your thrust arms should keep you within the intended "range" on caster.
Maytag,

After installing the coilovers (about 1.2" drop), then I swapped the OEM 20" wheels that came with my car for a set of 19" Carrera Classics that I had on my now departed 987 because they had a brand new set of Michelins (and I love those Carreras), but somehow I didn't like the gap on the front fender, so I lowered more however in my case, more was no better...

Thereafter, for some reason after getting the corner balance done, my car ended being way lowered than expected and my caster is now at 8.7 versus the recommended 7.8 caster and the car definitely does not handle as well as before (the crispiness on the steering feel is gone).

Now I am trying to decide on raising the car again (a bit) or getting the Tarett (or Elephant) LCA adjustable center pucks to reduce the caster from 8.7 to 7.8.
You are 100% correct stating that changing one part affects the function of the other components

I do not have the GT3 LCA's, but the car has the KW-V3's, Tarett GT3 sway bars with drop and toe links (with bump steer F&R), but again everything has to be matched to work together... live and learn :-)

Last edited by Gilles; 02-28-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote