View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:03 PM   #20
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
Which bearing design used in those kits is more likely to do major internal to the engine damage if the bearing fails? And the warranty, is it good for the cost of the kit? I'd bet it doesn't cover labor or collateral damage.
IMS Solutions covers only the part.

From their warranty:
IMS Solution LLC warrants that parts purchased from an authorized IMS Solution dealer or
distributor, that were installed by a qualified installer and that were installed in compliance with,
and precisely following, all guidelines and procedures, to include registration, set forth in the
product installation guide, are free from defects in materials and workmanship for five (5)
years/unlimited miles from the date of part installation for the single or dual row IMS Solution...

...REMEDIES
The sole and exclusive remedy against The IMS Solution LLC arising from this warranty is
limited to, at IMS Solution LLC’s option, replacement of the defective part
manufactured/produced by The IMS Solution LLC or refund of the WHOLESALE
purchase price of the IMS Solution LLC product. Non-IMS Solution LLC product
subcomponents ARE NOT covered by this warranty. ...

...IMS Solution LLC shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damage, including but
not limited to, rental car fees, loss of income; damage to vehicle, attachments, trailers and
cargoes; towing expenses; fees; or any liability with respect to any other person...

And the very interesting Exclusions:

...OTHER WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS:

...• Failures due to off-road or severe service applications, including but not limited to autocross,
drivers education, track days, or any race or competition or applications other than intended
by the manufacturer use will void warranty...

If you track it, you void the warranty.

I'm glad you asked the question. Made me do more research into it.

The full warranty info can be found here:
http://imsretrofit.com/warranty-registration-step-1/

:EDIT:
If you install yourself, you also void the warranty. No DIY. It has to be done by a "qualified installer"

Last edited by piper6909; 02-25-2020 at 02:33 PM.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote