View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #4
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by z12358
Thanks Jim.
I wasn't worried about wknd-to-wknd as its' always temporary and it's unlikely I'm parking the car over the same spots every weekend -- but was considering them for the winter storage I'm planning. On their website they're showing some independent tests that supposedly prove their claims. Didn't have time to read them but will soon.

About the 59PSI... I recall some tires say max 50psi pressure on their sidewalls. Is it advisable to inflate them above their max allowed pressure -- even if just for storage?

Thx.
Z.

Porsche recommends in the owners manual to over-inflate to 58-59 pounds, so I think it's safe.

I will be over-inflating my tires this weekend, to get the car ready for a 4-5 month winter storage. I have nitrogen filled tires, so I have to drive about 1/2 mile to the tire store to get this done.

For extra flat spotting protection, I bought some really dense rubber tiles, about 1/2 inch think. I found them at Menards. These are the kind of hard rubber pads they use on floors in weight rooms/health clubs. The tiles cost me about $28. I cut them in half (actually about 60/40) to fit under the tires. The rears are cut about 1 inch wider than the fronts. I'll park on top of these. A lot cheaper than the Tire Cradles.

I have talked to a few guys with the 987's at PCA events, and they were very successful with winter storage and just the over-inflate on the tires.