View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 12:36 PM   #7
mikefocke

Nice service history for the first 15 or so years. No CarFax record of service last few years. No sign of IMS work on CarFax. No LN sticker. No information on what dealer service was done by the seller.

Updated radio.

No details on tires age or condition or brand. No details on brake pad or rotors measurements. Original AOS, water pump, age of battery, would be things I would ask about.

Very nice looking in cop catcher red. (My first 3 sports cars were red and I was always one ticket away from losing my license. So I can say from experience...)

I sold a '01S with low miles in good shape in '12 for about the same price. I don't think it was as detailed (nice looking) as this one. But the buyer got the documentation of maintenance (as well as a Xerox book of additional Boxster docs), the owner's reason for selling and the owner's walk around to help him know the car was no lemon. He bought my car because he wanted to buy from a Porsche fanatic.

When I bought mine, it took about $3k in the first month to do 4 tires, 4 corners worth of brakes, alignment, 90K service just to bring it up to my maintenance standards. I might add another $1k to redo the top with a glass window replacement top.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote