View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #30
Jasper_Boxst

Excellent tips on handling the rails with the removal. I really appreciate it!

I'm doing a re-dye on my seats and I'm pulling them and bringing them in the house for 4 or 5 days while I do a proper cleaning, conditioning, and the dye itself. Too cold to do the seats outside right now and besides, rather dye the seats correctly and that calls for a removal.

I have a large carport but if it rains and the wind is just right... the passenger side can get wet. I can cover and "double wrap" the car with the top down but I'd still prefer to keep the top and windows up. Alternative is to lower the top and disconnect the battery and then manually raise it but weighing the effort of disconnecting the ball joints, etc... or simply pulling the seats with the top in place. It's a case of "six of one or half a dozen of another".

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4fn View Post
Due to the limitation of space in my winter storage above the car, I removed both seats byfirst disconnecting four bols per seat and then disconnecting the electrical connection.
Afte that I installed old padded work gloves to the front and back of the seat rails securing them with tape adn lifted the seats out from the car still carefully, but was able to do this without scratchign the interior :dance:
Drivers seat install went well in reverse order, passenger seat iI'm still working on and the re-install is planned for this coming wekend.
Jasper_Boxst is offline   Reply With Quote