View Single Post
Old 02-01-2020, 09:39 AM   #10
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Aw, c'mon man, live a little! Haha
I think what it was trying to represent (and in my opinion did well at) was that A) Porsche's are FUN, and B) they're meant to be driven.

Regardless if we think "drifting" is dumb, or street racing, or any other nit-picking we could do, it's still fun.

And, I might add, it's strange that in days gone by, we all thought burnouts around a corner were awesome, and car- chase scenes were rated on a scale of 1 to "bullet", and we enjoyed hooliganism. But now.... NOW we live in a world where people are easily offended and their social justice response is involuntary.

Have you ever seen the cult film "rendezvous? A Ferrari, racing across early morning Paris...
Don't. Don't see it. You'll be highly offended and think it's dumb. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Everybody's entitled to their own opinion. For me? Burnouts: Dumb. Drifting: Mad skills and cool.

I think dghii was referring to the turbo badge on an electric car when he called it dumb, and he didn't say anything about being offended.

There's a lot of people that are easily offended, even on here. But I don't think it's a new thing. The only thing new is social media which allows everyone to express their opinions/hatred/fake outrage, etc. from the comfort of their couch (or throne, haha!) and a veil of anonymity.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote