View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 04:18 PM   #6
TRP

Hello Spyder Man,

re: I’m debating with either installing a double DIN unit like you did or omitting the head unit all together via a Bluetooth enabled amplifier with music/navigation via iPhone.

That's a great option which would allow you to simply keep your existing head unit and not muck up the interior. If you go with a unit that doesn't play physical media you get a whole bunch of your dash back! My 'double din' is really a single din chassis.

I completely understand why you might go 7/8 channels in a closed cabin car where you can really noodle with the sound signal and get the quality you're looking for (with the separate channels for tweeters and mids). I just didn't see the value in an open top car. Once the top goes down a lot of those nuances will just go flat, won't they?

That was my thought process as to why I fed the tweeters and mids from the same channel and just used the Focal crossovers. I could use a similar set for the 4 speakers behind my head (in the storage box).

I'd love to hear how the bose box works out for you. I'm also in the Bay Area. Shoot me a PM if you go that route.

I need to spend more time with the DSP this weekend and try to clean up the sound a bit. I noticed a bit of an echo in some of the voices.
TRP is offline   Reply With Quote