View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #1597
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
You are getting me worried. Did you ever had anyone who've sent back their headlight for a repair on the lens?!? If so do you mind letting us know which member exactly please, just so I can keep track of failure rate and what needs improving, if anything at all. Thanks, Charles.
Hi Fred, the lenses on both of my projectors have come detached once and been repaired. The first one was repaired by Charles/Particlewave a couple of years ago, and the other one I repaired myself with some coaching from Charles. To be fair, my car was involved in a couple of front end fender-benders, and I'm not complaining. These are still awesome headlights and everyone who sees them loves them too.

You mentioned somewhere very recently that you're working on an improvement for the next version to secure the lens to the shroud with something mechanical, clips or screws, instead of glue. I think that would be a great idea. Right now I'm working on a spare set of headlights that will utilize Morimoto Mini H1 7.0. These projectors utilize a mount that clips right into the existing Halogen bulb socket. (I'm not using that feature this time, I am putting them in a set of Litronic reflectors). Have you ever considered just making a shroud that would be used in conjunction with the Morimoto Mini Bi-Xenon? It would simplify things for you, all you would need to worry about is the shroud, buyers would then just use it with the Morimoto parts they purchase on their own.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote