View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 07:18 PM   #136
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYprodriver View Post
That will be a great combo I assume you plan to keep it a very long time. Might want to consider exhaust upgrades too.

My wife still misses the 99 XJR we bought in 2004
Thanks BY, yes including all the other labor and materials I’ve put into it, it’ll probably be my last sports car. Plan on taking it all the way to the end of my journey. I’ve let too many good cars go along the way.

I’m currently running a FVD Brombacher muffler with secondary cat deletes but I kept the primary cats on the headers (NYS emissions requirements). In the future I plan to try to move to 200 cell header cats and keep OBD emissions compliance. Need to let that 3.8 breathe! I’ll need a new tune at that point. Should be ok on the intake side because I have the 987 air box, etc.

I kick myself regularly for selling the XKR. It was a 2005 coupe with the very rare competition suspension package (I kid you not) and it was in perfect condition. I hope it’s still alive and well.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote