View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #13
Jgkram

Just so you hear both sides Russ, I don't think Woody meant buy an S over a Base simply because one is better than the other. i think he meant just don't start what you are talking about doing as the time, cost and effort are simply not worth it.

Secondly, trust me, you will be more than satisfied with a base. I've experienced both and it boils down to this. If it's a DD or weekend car, go base. The 5 speed is better suited to in town and around town traffic and the speed limits restrict you anyway. If you're going to track the car, go S for a little (and I mean little) more power. Those who own a base definitely don't pine for an S. The 0-60 difference between the 2.7 and 3.2 is ONLY 0.7 sec's!

Lastly, I would say this and it's been said on this forum many times, regardless of model, buy the best condition car you can find...period. The difference between the two is miniscule and you will be far happier doing more driving and less wrenching unless wrenching is just your bag. Cheers and happy hunting...
Jgkram is offline   Reply With Quote