View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:49 PM   #6
9864ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
My standards are probably a lot lower than Mike's, but if I had that it would be a parts car. That damage is more than I'd want to take on with a BFH and more expensive than I'd want to pay a shop to fix.

Here's a recent repair job -less damage- on another forum. Porsch-Uh Oh Build...
I don't think Lemming's was nearly that bad. http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/69277-98-project-car.html

I did have similar damage fixed on another car (Infiniti i30) many years ago. After I declined the repair at a reputable body shop, they recommended a guy who worked in a barn outside of town part time. What's your goal; good enough to have fun in, or restored value and safe for your loved ones to use?

Thanks for the info... the plan is to have it as a weekend car, possibly track it as well. I have yet to have it looked at in person from a bodyshop so will be interested in hearing what they have to say. Parting it out would be a last case scenario but could be a possibility.

Two of your pics:

Thanks for the info... the plan is to have it as a weekend car, possibly track it as well. I have yet to have it looked at in person from a bodyshop so will be interested in hearing what they have to say. Parting it out would be a last case scenario but could be a possibility.
9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote