View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 06:41 AM   #18
Russdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob175 View Post
I suppose it depends on how "new" you want to make your "old" Boxster. Could mine use a suspension change after 20 years and 85,000 miles......SURE. But will I do it NO I won't. I just don't mind it, I don't race it, I don't track it....I just take it out on sunny summer days with the wife and we just drive. I fix or replace that which interferes with those summer drives.....there's really almost no end to what you can spend......

My suggestion is buy it, drive it for a year and then decide what you want to change/fix/replace and what you can afford. These Boxsters are built for simple top down fun, IMHO.

So the age old “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”? That makes sense. Thanks for the suggestion. Not spending money that I don’t need to is definitely going to be a problem if this becomes my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Yes. Very bad. You'll understand what I meant by that in a few months

Not only it enables the 3rd rad, but a very much functional front bumper in term of aerodynamics and road handling. If you like go-kart style handling at speed then that gt2 front-end (with the lip) is for you. Only disadvantage = forget underground parking lots lol Front lip is not far off the ground (4" clearance on mine)

Man, even more reasons! Here I was hoping someone would say “No don’t do it! It’s just for looks!” But now I have a reason to get it other than looks! Thanks
Russdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote