View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 10:04 AM   #13
Russdawg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Lots of good FUD posts recently!

Fwiw, I bought this roadster for having fun. Didn't bought it to 'worry' about what could go wrong. You know, there are more or less 30k unique parts on this car and each and every one of them are a subject to fail a way or another. That is a whole lot of worrying, in case you are into that fear thingy

RE 'cost' of maintenance; personally I've spent on average $123,986 annually (lol). Nothing catastrophically failed mechanically (apart from the AOS). Those cost are only for fun mods.

Good luck with your upcoming Boxster

Having fun is definitely my goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBeerToad View Post
Don't forget about suspension. I don't know if everybody else replaces everything at 100k or not, but I did. If it is approaching or past 100k miles, you might want to check if the suspension was replaced or factor that in. Suspension is not my cup o' tea so I had somebody else do it and it set me back a tidy sum. I believe the parts alone were about $3500, but that was many beers ago, so I could be wrong.

I wish you luck on your search. I bought my '97 on accident and didn't do any research prior. Got lucky and we're still mostly best friends 8 1/2 years and 37,000 miles later.

Suspension. Got it. One of the ones I’m looking at had the suspension replaced at 100k or so. Guess that’s quite a plus. He also replaced the plastic window with a glass one and new top.
Russdawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote