View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 05:45 PM   #6
Porsche54321

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexcramer View Post
My guess is you still have issues related to the immobilizer getting wet. The fact that both of your windows drop on opening is a good thing. The chances of both of your windows not working at the same time are remote at best. Then add in your key fob not working at the same time.

If you have a multi-meter and experience, you need to start tracing circuits. There is a plug from the door to the A-pillar. My driver side plug got water in it and caused several issues/problems. Mostly window issues. The locks, window, lights and sound run through that plug. Check and see if it is dry.
We did some testing from the switch back to the immobilizer, it's a bit confusing cause some wires leading to the window motor have a current even though the immobilizer is not plugged in. I guess the immobilizer just sends a signal and not the actual current to activate the window.

We cleaned up the immobilizer with alcohol, we scraped connectors as much as we could. Nothing changed the inside of the door seems dry, but I will keep an eye out for that plug. Z

I am assuming the immobilizer is broken.

1.Can I buy pass this enough so that the windows at least work ?

2 Can I buy some sort of bypass unit

3 can I test the actual parts of the microchip somehow or have some one test it.

4. Is it possible to fix the microchip.

5. Does anyone know where one can purchase a cheap aftermarket or used one

6. Does any one want to buy a 2001 Boxster from Montreal

Thanks guys for all your advice.
Porsche54321 is offline   Reply With Quote